As a multi-disciplinary artist and creative practitioner from South Africa, my skills include graphic design, illustration, photography and workshop facilitation… Nifty, nê? When I’m not working on specific art projects, exhibitions, or retreats I’m available for commissioned work, as listed below.
// Services & Specialties
- Print Design & Layout (brochures, invites, posters, business cards… that sort of things)
- Logo design (ask me about the packages I offer)
- Graphic material for social media marketing & websites
ART & ILLUSTRATION
- Illustration for stories, book covers, CD covers, websites, framed prints and posters, including:
– Digital Illustration
– Typographic illustration
– Hand-drawn/Ink illustration
– Watercolour illustration
- Art Commissions
- Assistance for artists needing to create a brand, website & social media presence
- Design/branding consultation for small businesses & entrepreneurs
- Art & Design project management
TEACHING, COACHING, WORKSHOPS
- Workshop coordination (e.g. as part of a programme, festival or event)
- Facilitation for groups (e.g. using art-making for team-building)
- Private tutoring in art & design
- Creative coaching
DESIGN PRODUCTS, PRINTS & PHOTOGRAPHY
- Photo editing
FUNCTIONAL ART & CRAFTS
- Custom handmade gifts
- Creative Garden Art
Small businesses, entrepreneurs, NGOs in conservation, tree planting initiatives, farms, artists, writers, galleries, healers, environmentalists, art buyers, artlovers, naturelovers, people who want to develop their creative skills
“I have worked with Janet on a number of different projects over the years as a facilitator and graphic designer. She is extremely talented, creative and resourceful. Janet created my business logo which I absolutely love! It has resulted in a lot of positive feedback from clients and communicates what I feel is important. Janet is able to interpret design related requests and give them concrete expression and form. I recommend her services to anyone needing creative graphic design or wanting to explore their own creativity through her facilitated art workshops and experiences!”
– Tahirih Michot, Director of the The Idea Processor
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Clear communication is crucial – between your designer and your target market when your design is created, but also between yourself and your designer. Be honest and open about your expectations and needs.
- Time is important, let’s not waste each other’s time. The designer keeps to your agreed deadlines, and you are expected to give timely feedback. Projects that drag on for months don’t get accepted or you forfeit your deposit and any work done.
- The designer is willing to move mountains for you if you treat the designer nicely. 😉
- No work is done without a non-refundable deposit paid of 50% of the quoted price. This is non-negotiable.